How to get rid of this frame?

Creating a macro - Writing a Script - Using the API (OpenOffice Basic, Python, BeanShell, JavaScript)
arfgh

How to get rid of this frame?

Post by arfgh »

after a removing of the window caption in a base form... i have found that the whole document is into some kind of thin frame.
And i wanted to know if there is a way to get rid of that frame, or make it non visible, or something.

I was trying with mri to see if i can access it by some way, with no lucky at the moment...

OpenOffice last version | Mageia Linux x64 | Ubuntu Linux | Windows 8.1 Enterprise x64 | Java last version
RoryOF

Re: How to get rid of this frame ?

Post by RoryOF »

Is that not the desktop background or the paper beyond the margins of the writable area?
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.15 on Xubuntu 22.04.4 LTS
arfgh

Post by arfgh »

All the grey color is the form background.
The whole document it is into that frame, that is noticeable once the window caption is removed for design purposes.
And that's the problem, that thin frame is killing the design i want to achieve since i dont know how to get rid of it...
OpenOffice last version | Mageia Linux x64 | Ubuntu Linux | Windows 8.1 Enterprise x64 | Java last version
RoryOF

Post by RoryOF »

I don't use dark themes, so am not certain just what is being shown. I can think of two possibilities: one is to increase your form to fill the paper, the other is to change your zoom so that the form fits the screen. You are the designer.
arfgh

Post by arfgh »

the theme has anything to be with this. If you want i can capture the same in white. The thin frame is always there.
zoom is 100%.
arfgh

Post by arfgh »

bump, any body can add some possible solution of this ?.
to be precisse, we can change setting for the page, where we have the fact that the tiny border is always set, even if we set to be without borders.
And, how is that possible ? is this some kind of bug ?

But anyways i was thinking if it is possible to access that tiny border by some other way in order to hide it. The tiny border is visible around the window and in the whole document...
RoryOF

Post by RoryOF »

If the border is non-printing, it may be a "Text boundary", which can be turned on or off by /View /Text Boundaries.
Villeroy
Volunteer

Post by Villeroy »

Select the picture, cut, select frame, delete, paste picture.
Please, edit this topic's initial post and add "[Solved]" to the subject line if your problem has been solved.
Ubuntu 18.04 with LibreOffice 6.0, latest OpenOffice and LibreOffice
arfgh

Post by arfgh »

Villeroy, ironic mode off.

what i am saying is that the page settings allow to set or no the borders, but that seems non working, since if we set no borders, when returning to those settings, it is again set and visible ! All this is in the page settings.
arfgh

Post by arfgh »

RoryOF wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 1:46 pm If the border is non-printing, it may be a "Text boundary", which can be turned on or off by /View /Text Boundaries.
i tried, the border is visible even turning that off... i cant believe it ! While on design mode turning off text boundaires hide it, but when in regular mode they are there again.
I wonder if that 'inner' border has something to be with the window itself... but i dont think because even removing the window, the borders remains there...
Zizi64
Volunteer

Post by Zizi64 »

All this is in the page settings.
Then, please, upload an ODF type sample file here.
Tibor Kovacs, Hungary; LO7.5.8 /Win7-10 x64Prof.
PortableApps/winPenPack: LO3.3.0-7.6.2;AOO4.1.14
Please, edit the initial post in the topic: add the word [Solved] at the beginning of the subject line - if your problem has been solved.
arfgh

Re: How to get rid of this frame?

Post by arfgh »

It's not necessary to upload any database file.
The problem is simple, it seems that we cant handle the visibility of the inner window frame.
It is always visible, even if we set the 'page' frame to be non visible.

But the question, why ? and by the way, is there any hacking that we can try in order to remove it ?
In my current design, the one i want to reach, it is necessary to remove that always visible frame around the inner window in order to obtain a final design i want to achieve....