Complaint about Installation Process Issues for OpenOffice

Request For Enhancement, User feedback candidates for wiki
harry porter

Complaint about Installation Process Issues for OpenOffice

Post by harry porter »

Dear Open Office Team,

I am writing to express my frustration with the installation process for Open Office. Specifically, I have encountered several issues during the installation that have prevented me from successfully installing the software on my computer.

Despite following the installation instructions provided on your website, I have found that the installation process frequently stalls or crashes, preventing me from completing the installation. This has resulted in wasted time and effort, as well as a delay in my ability to use the Open Office software.

As a user who relies on Open Office for my work and personal use, I am disappointed with the installation issues that I have encountered. I would appreciate it if you could take steps to improve the installation process, ensuring that it is user-friendly and reliable.

I want to write about this on my website drugtestingkit.com

Thank you for your attention to this matter. I look forward to your response and resolution of this issue.

Sincerely,

Harry
Last edited by harry porter on Tue Apr 25, 2023 11:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
OpenOffice 4.1.12 on Windows Vista
robleyd

Re: Complaint about Installation Process Issues for Open Office

Post by robleyd »

This is not a customer service

However, if you describe what you have done, and what results you have seen, including any error messages, it is likely that someone can offer helpful advice.
Cheers
David
OS - Slackware 15 64 bit
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.15
LibreOffice 24.2.2.2; SlackBuild for 24.2.2 by Eric Hameleers
Hagar Delest

Re: Complaint about Installation Process Issues for OpenOffice

Post by Hagar Delest »

Else, try LibreOffice. But indeed, if the process was that bad, don't you think there would be plenty of similar rants in the forum?
Thus there is something on your machine, that's all. Likely a security application that can interfere with the installation.

Note: I have removed the green mark in your post, it is used for questions that have been solved.
LibreOffice 7.6.2.1 on Xubuntu 23.10 and 7.6.4.1 portable on Windows 10
Zizi64
Volunteer

Re: Complaint about Installation Process Issues for OpenOffice

Post by Zizi64 »

Tibor Kovacs, Hungary; LO7.5.8 /Win7-10 x64Prof.
PortableApps/winPenPack: LO3.3.0-7.6.2;AOO4.1.14
Please, edit the initial post in the topic: add the word [Solved] at the beginning of the subject line - if your problem has been solved.