[Solved] Excel macros won't work in Calc

Creating a macro - Writing a Script - Using the API (OpenOffice Basic, Python, BeanShell, JavaScript)
mrjcbeau

[Solved] Excel macros won't work in Calc

Post by mrjcbeau »

None of the macros in my excel file work in OpenOffice. I can't even find
any reference to macros in OpenOffice. Is there something additional that I
need in order to use macros?

I am currently running windows 10 on my desk top

Edit: Changed subject, was No Macros 
Make your post understandable by others 
-- MrProgrammer, forum moderator 
Last edited by Hagar Delest on Tue Mar 07, 2023 10:19 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: tagged solved.
OpenOffice 4.1.13 on Winows 10
FJCC

Re: No Macros

Post by FJCC »

There are macros in OpenOffice. You can search the Calc Help to get some information. OpenOffice has a very limited ability to run Excel macros. You will very likely have to rewrite them. That is because the Application Programming Interface is completely different and translating the code automatically is like asking a computer to translate between human languages perfectly. If you are interested in learning OpenOffice macros, people here can help and there is lots of information at https://pitonyak.org/oo.php. It is a big task.
OpenOffice 4.1 on Windows 10 and Linux Mint
If your question is answered, please go to your first post, select the Edit button, and add [Solved] to the beginning of the title.
mrjcbeau

Re: Excel macros won't work in Calc

Post by mrjcbeau »

Well thanks for the info, that definitely answers my question. Not the answer I was looking for. Being as I have hundreds of macros rewriting them is not a viable option.
It looks like I'm going to have to break down and pay for a copy of MS office.

Thanks for the quick and complete response.
OpenOffice 4.1.13 on Winows 10