Using PHP to merge PPS files on LAMP. Possible with API?

Creating a macro - Writing a Script - Using the API (OpenOffice Basic, Python, BeanShell, JavaScript)
adewinne

Using PHP to merge PPS files on LAMP. Possible with API?

Post by adewinne »

I have an application that is developed in Drupal on a typical LAMP (centos) environment. The application has a collection of PPS files that I would like to merge dynamically and offer up as a single file download. I've done searches for simple scripts that are able to do this, but everything seems to lead to COM on Windows. There was however one posting that referenced OO as an option if COM is not an option. So here's my question. If I install OO on my centos server, is there a way that I can work with PPS files from within my PHP application? Merge would be the first (and most important) function, but is there more that I could do from PHP?
OOo 3.0.X on Mac OSx Leopard + Centos
jhonmarton
Banned

Re: Using PHP to merge PPS files on LAMP. Possible with API?

Post by jhonmarton »

Yes, you can use PHP on a LAMP stack to merge PPS (PowerPoint Slide) files, by using a library or API that provides this functionality. Some popular options include PHPPresentation, PHPOffice, and Aspose.Slides for PHP. These libraries allow you to read and manipulate existing PPT files, and create new ones with merged content. You would need to install the library, write code in PHP to open and merge the PPT files, and then output the resulting merged file.
OpenOffice 3.1 on Windows Vista