[Dropped] Sloping or angled text

Discuss setup / installation issues - Add a spell checker, Language pack?
jmk

[Dropped] Sloping or angled text

Post by jmk »

Thought my printer was acting up, but looking at my document in Writer, the text itself is angling up and right by 3 deg. or so. Prints out the same way. What am I doing to cause this? Thanks.
Last edited by MrProgrammer on Wed Mar 15, 2023 8:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Dropped: No attachment provided when requested -- MrProgrammer, forum moderator
OpenOffice 4.1.1 on Windows 8.1
Bill
Volunteer

Re: Sloping or angled text

Post by Bill »

Please upload a sample document.
AOO 4.1.14 on Ubuntu MATE 22.04
RoryOF

Post by RoryOF »

Pending an actual document (note: not an image) are you sure that the paper guides of your printer are snug to the paper sides?
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.15 on Xubuntu 22.04.4 LTS
jmk

Post by jmk »

Well, I thought it was printer problem until I noticed that the slant was actually in the document. Paper and guides aligned normally.
Opened it up right now, and slant seems resolved. Years ago I knew how to do a "screen shot", but I don't remember how to do it.
Thanks
jmk

Post by jmk »

Print screen function not working as per online directions. Here's copy.
Well, I had a very tough year, bodywise, and had not enough good feelings at the end of the year to work on holiday cards. So, I'm sending a card now, at the start of the year, maybe having rounded the corner on the worst of my procedure-initiated maladies. The lymphoma is making its way back, spreading about, and causing some peripheral issues, but it's not affecting my psyche or even my activities as of yet, and it looks like I'll be starting treatment again before it becomes a sinister problem.

HAPPY 2023!

The best parts of the year were the adventure outings that I mostly did with my friend Ron who is my same age and has the almost identical lymphoma history as I. He's 30 years out from his initial treatments and has never had a recurrence, an essentially-unknown happening, and I couldn't be happier for him.
As well as I know the local Sierra, I keep finding new places, most of which I've not explored myself, to take us on these questionable outings. I think I can say that we've enjoyed every outing, and can look back at the unique places we've hiked. This year we discovered, mostly by accident, groves and even areas, of giant old-growth trees, 6+ ft-to-almost-9 ft in diameter, and some over 100 ft tall. I remember one great 6 ft diameter cedar, that went up 60 ft as a single bough, split into four individual boughs, each of which then skyrocketed another 60 ft!
And although the Caldor Fire was huge and did almost unimaginable damage, there were many places we were able to hike that had been impenetrable with thick brush. And even in midsummer, lots of new little trees and all kinds of other greenery, were poking out in recovery. I saw, and heard reports of, many wild plants that local hikers and residents had never seen before. One friend of mine is an avid mushroom hunter/collec-tor and he was able to find dozens of kilos of rare and delicious 'shrooms, some of which he shared with friends (me, too, Morels!).
Years ago, my son and I drove in to a trailhead (rough 4wd) and packed in to a lake near the north base of Mokelumne Peak, quite an impressive stand-alone mountain. Almost all the streams and lakes of the Mokelumne Wilderness are polluted as there is extensive cattle grazing in there. Well, up on the shoulder of the Peak, there is a narrow double "chain" lake which is as pure as the driven snow, because the cows can't get there, and I've wanted to get back there and camp in that gorgeous place. Well, this year I devised a route in to Mok. Pk. that would take me into Tanglefoot Canyon, and then out to that shoulder and those little lakes. Okay, a twisty cobbly 1000' drop into Tanglefoot Cyn., very lovely place, but oddly, no trails going up or down Tanglefoot itself. My route then took me 2000' up the other side, to a small tarn named Moraine Lake. Just as I topped the canyon crest near the lake, there sat a beautifully-made-up Osprey backpack, leaning against a rock; found nobody around, in spite of spending an hour searching for an owner. Well, I carried on, heading up on the trail, which became obliterated before I'd risen above the lake's slopes. I worked hard for three hours, trying to find and follow the trail, but all was demolished by a different fire in the Toiyabe N.F. (Tamarack Fire, I think). Returned to the lake, Osprey pack still there. Hiked down to Tanglefoot Cyn, stayed the night, then out next morning. Talked to various sheriffs and USFS agents, about the Osprey pack, but then never heard a word back about the final outcome of that oddity.
Well, my best to you and yours, Jerry, for the Two Js.
LastUnicorn

Post by LastUnicorn »

People are asking that you upload the document as an attachment to a post so that they can inspect the document.To post an attachment to the forum do the following:
  1. Look at the text-box (aka message-box) into which you would normally enter your 'Reply' text.
  2. Below the text-box you will see a button titled Full Editor & Preview. Click on that button.
  3. A new text-box will appear with a lot of useful buttons on top for replies. There is a button there for adding a URL to your reply, should you need to do so. Hover over the buttons to see what functionality they provide.
  4. Look below that text-box and you will see two tabs: Options and Attachments. Click on the Attachments tab.
  5. Now you can add your attachment to your reply. Maximum file size 128 KiB per attachment.
  6. If your attachment is too large then use a file sharing site like MediaFire or similar. Upload your file to the sharing site then make a link in your reply to the file on the sharing site.
P.S. Do not include sensitive or highly personal information in your attachment.
Windows 10 Pro. x64
LibreOffice (Still) 7.6.5.2 (x64) Fully installed to system
LibreOffice (Still) Portable 7.6.5.2 (x86) [PortableApps]