Event 1002 in Calc on Windows 11

Issues with installing under all versions of MS Windows
wkellogg57@yahoo.com

Event 1002 in Calc on Windows 11

Post by wkellogg57@yahoo.com »

Long time Open Office user. Just updated my Windows 11 Pro OS to latest 22H2, build 22621.819. A spreadsheet I use on a regular basis now hangs regularly. I can get it to hang right away just by copying a cell range. Interestingly dragging that cell to copy isn't a problem. Same results as odt and xls file. Application log shows this every time: "The program soffice.bin version 4.1.9810.500 stopped interacting with Windows and was closed. To see if more information about the problem is available, check the problem history in the Security and Maintenance control panel."

I can open the same spreadsheet on another, Windows 10 computer and it works fine. Same Calc version.

I suspect something w/MS as they screwed w/the GUI again! Time to get out the abacus and papyrus.

Any thoughts are appreciated. Was thinking of reinstalling OO.
OpenOffice 4.1.13 on Windows10 & 11
Hagar Delest

Re: Event 1002 in Calc on Windows 11

Post by Hagar Delest »

Hi and welcome to the forum!

LibreOffice has significantly improved Calc performances, especially with xls. You should try to switch.
Try a portable version first to check if it actually improves the situation for you.

Please add [Solved] at the beginning of the title in your first post (top of the topic) with the 🖉 button if your issue has been fixed.
LibreOffice 7.6.2.1 on Xubuntu 23.10 and 7.6.4.1 portable on Windows 10
LastUnicorn

Post by LastUnicorn »

This forum has been getting a fair number of posts recently about problems with OpenOffice on Windows 10 and 11 systems. Often the posts seem to point towards incompatibility of OpenOffice with Windows 10 and 11. Often the solution is to just switch from OpenOffice to LibreOffice. There are very good reasons for doing this anyway — for some information on this see this thread: [Tutorial] Considering a Switch from OpenOffice to LibreOffice? Some Useful Information
Windows 10 Pro. x64
LibreOffice (Still) 7.6.5.2 (x64) Fully installed to system
LibreOffice (Still) Portable 7.6.5.2 (x86) [PortableApps]
John_Ha
Volunteer

Post by John_Ha »

Strange problems are often fixed by resetting the user profile - see Resetting the user profile.
LO 6.4.4.2, Windows 10 Home 64 bit

See the Writer Guide, the Writer FAQ, the Writer Tutorials and Writer for students.

Remember: Always save your Writer files as .odt files. - see here for the many reasons why.