[Workaround] Blank line after pasted table in Writer

Java, C++, C#, Delphi... - Using the UNO bridges
wanglong

[Workaround] Blank line after pasted table in Writer

Post by wanglong »

When I copy and paste a TextTable,this will leave a blank line in the last TextVeiwCursor position....

Please tell me how to deal with it? :super: :super: :super:

Title Edited. A descriptive title for posts helps others who are searching for solutions and increases the chances of a reply (Hagar, Moderator).
Last edited by MrProgrammer on Tue Apr 18, 2023 5:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Tagged ✓ [Workaround] -- MrProgrammer, forum moderator
Libre Office 7.6 on Windows 11.
Hagar Delest

Re: There will have a blank line...

Post by Hagar Delest »

Not sure it can be changed because by default when you paste a table, there is a blank paragraph after.
There was a trick to change that by using the menu Table > Convert > Text to table for the blank paragraph (that need to contain at least a character) but it doesn't seem to work anymore (tested with LO 7.4.2).

The blank paragraph may be required by the document structure.
LibreOffice 7.6.2.1 on Xubuntu 23.10 and 7.6.4.1 portable on Windows 10
RoryOF

Re: Blank line after pasted table in Writer

Post by RoryOF »

The easiest way is to place the cursor in that blank line and shrink it to 2 pts high (minimum line height OpenOffice will support. If you are uisng a full page table, reduce its height by 2 pts to allow for that line - no one will notice.
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.15 on Xubuntu 22.04.4 LTS
MrProgrammer

Re: Blank line after pasted table in Writer

Post by MrProgrammer »

wanglong wrote: Wed Nov 09, 2022 1:23 pm When I copy and paste a TextTable,this will leave a blank line in the last TextVeiwCursor position....
I know this is an old topic but here is earlier discussion about the empty paragraph after a table:
[Solved] Undeletable page when filling whole page with table
[Solved] Inserting Multiple Tables on a Page

If this solved your problem please go to your first post use the Edit button and add [Solved] to the start of the Subject field. Select the green checkmark icon at the same time.
Mr. Programmer
AOO 4.1.7 Build 9800, MacOS 13.6.3, iMac Intel.   The locale for any menus or Calc formulas in my posts is English (USA).