[Solved] Always show first row when scrolling

Discuss the spreadsheet application
brannsiu

[Solved] Always show first row when scrolling

Post by brannsiu »

I am using spreadsheet to keep a record of my work and the rows are adding up every day but the problem is, the first row is used to label each column (i.e. name, address, phone etc). In fact, there are many many columns to do and they are keeping similar data (mostly numbers), so it is very inconvenient and very easy to make mistakes because the first row disappears when I am scrolling down. Is it possible to keep the first row always appearing even when I scroll down the sheet? Thanks.
Last edited by MrProgrammer on Sat Oct 15, 2022 5:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Openoffice 4.1.8 and unspecified version of LibreOffice
robleyd

Re: Is it possible to keep a particular row always appearing??

Post by robleyd »

Yes; use Window | Freeze. Search HELP - F1 - for freezing for more information
Cheers
David
OS - Slackware 15 64 bit
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.15
LibreOffice 24.2.2.2; SlackBuild for 24.2.2 by Eric Hameleers
Lupp
Volunteer

Re: Is it possible to keep a particular row always appearing??

Post by Lupp »

BTW:

The habit to append new entries ruled by a monotonic time (date-time) sequence isn't fully consistent with the behaviour of spreadsheets. There occur conflicts with the functionality of some tools and of standard functions.
To give an example: Based on your most recently entered data row the question may occur to you when you had last time placed the same name into the current column. If older entries are found below the current one, a formula using MATCH() can easily and efficiently find the respective row. There were questions about how to do so in this forum. It isn't impossible but more complicated and less efficient if the most recent entries ar placed bottom. Standard searches in spreadsheets always are top-down or left to right.
On Windows 10: LibreOffice 24.2 (new numbering) and older versions, PortableOpenOffice 4.1.7 and older, StarOffice 5.2
---
Lupp from München