Unable to find working email configuration

Discuss the word processor
pastorbirt

Unable to find working email configuration

Post by pastorbirt »

I found some discussions here that address this problem, but nothing that has allowed me to resolve the problem.

I recently installed OpenOffice 4.1.13 on my wife's laptop running Windows 11. She has been using LibreOffice for years, but LibreOffice started crashing frequently. It would simply close and recent work would be lost. I haven't found a solution for that problem, so I decided to give OpenOffice a try.

My problem is the File>Send function. Whenever she tries to use this function we get an error saying "OpenOffice was unable to find a working email configuration." The email client in use is Thunderbird, which we have used for many years. This problem does not exist when we use LibreOffice. I have verified that Thunderbird is set as the default email client within Windows. I have gone into the settings in Thunderbird and verified that it shows Thunderbird is the default email client and set Thunderbird to check if it is the default client at startup. Thunderbird is in the Windows startup sequence so it starts automatically every time the computer is started. I know that OpenOffice is a 32 bit program and that it needs Java for some options to function. I have verified that both Java 32 bit and Java 64 bit are installed.

I have read some threads that suggest you can go to Tools>Options>Internet>Email to identify an email client to use. This option exists on my computer running linux, it does not exist on my wife's computer running Windows 11.

I know we can simply save the document or export it as a PDF and then manually attach it to an email. Unfortunately, my wife is technologically challenged at best, so every time she wants to send a file as an attachment, I have to do it for her. So my hope is to find the easiest way possible to accomplish this by getting the File>Send function to work.

So... Any thoughts on what I might be missing?
OpenOffice 4.1.13 on Windows 11
Hagar Delest

Re: Unable to find working email configuration

Post by Hagar Delest »

Hi and welcome to the forum!

See if that helps: [Solved] Cant Send To Email in OpenOffice.

Please add [Solved] at the beginning of the title in your first post (top of the topic) with the *EDIT button if your issue has been fixed.
LibreOffice 7.6.2.1 on Xubuntu 23.10 and 7.6.4.1 portable on Windows 10