[Dropped] Extension Manager not working

Discuss setup / installation issues - Add a spell checker, Language pack?
hello1221

[Dropped] Extension Manager not working

Post by hello1221 »

For me sadly it's not solved. Same problem even after restart. That's really annoying if one just can't install a software and run it like expected.
Last edited by MrProgrammer on Wed Mar 15, 2023 8:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Dropped: No response from hello1221 -- MrProgrammer, forum moderator
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.10
MacOS Catalina 10.15.7
Hagar Delest

Re: Extension Manager not working

Post by Hagar Delest »

Split from [Solved] Extension Manager not working.

Please tell what you tried. What extension?
I tend to advise to switch to LibreOffice for any issue now. Much less troubles, maybe the LO code is now more robust than AOO's.
LibreOffice 7.6.2.1 on Xubuntu 23.10 and 7.6.4.1 portable on Windows 10
hello1221

Post by hello1221 »

Every extension. The extension manager crashes every time I did everything I could find on the internet for hours and hours. Yes you're right. I can't remember because it's years ago but for some reason I changed from LO to OO. I think I will buy Office 365 and spare my nerves instead of my pocket. I have to do important (for me, not for others) work and can't waste days and weeks no more. I will use LO now as transfer solution. Already installed it. The thing is hate Microsoft and try to avoid it under all circumstances. Maybe I'll prefer to buy the Apple pendant instead, but Apple is doing worser than worse since the founder died. We are screwed man.
Thanks for your comment.
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.10
MacOS Catalina 10.15.7
Hagar Delest

Post by Hagar Delest »

But what are you trying to do exactly? What extensions fail to install?
If you just post to complain without providing the details for help, then fine, just buy MS Office.
LibreOffice 7.6.2.1 on Xubuntu 23.10 and 7.6.4.1 portable on Windows 10
Zizi64
Volunteer

Post by Zizi64 »

- where the extension was downloaded from?
- is the extension based on StarBasic, Java, Python or other? Can you link one of them?
- is the filename estension of the downladed file ".oxt"?
- how you tried to install them? By double clicking on the .oxt file, or from the menu of the running office suite?

Most of the third party extensions works for me on my LibreOffice on Windows. I am using x64 version of the LO and 64 bit Java.

The AOO sometimes not work with the newer version of the 32 bit Java (the AOO is a 32 bit software: it requires 32 bit Java)
And some extensions are not compatible with the newer versions of the Office suite/Java/Python.
Tibor Kovacs, Hungary; LO7.5.8 /Win7-10 x64Prof.
PortableApps/winPenPack: LO3.3.0-7.6.2;AOO4.1.14
Please, edit the initial post in the topic: add the word [Solved] at the beginning of the subject line - if your problem has been solved.