[Solved] How to Crop Whitespace at Bottom of Page?

Discuss the word processor
J.D.

[Solved] How to Crop Whitespace at Bottom of Page?

Post by J.D. »

Hello, I'm trying to add a diagram to a Latex document. So I created an Open Office Writer document with just that diagram; it takes up less than a page. Then I exported it as a PDF, and then imported the PDF into the Latex document. The problem is: The diagram shows up with excessive whitespace at the bottom in the Latex document. I think this is because the Export to PDF function exports the whole page, i.e. all the whitespace below the diagram and before the end of the page gets included as part of the image.

Would it be possible to crop out the whitespace below the diagram before exporting to PDF? I don't think I can do so after exporting because I have the free version of Adobe Acrobat.

Thanks
Last edited by robleyd on Wed Sep 07, 2022 10:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Tagged [Solved]. Add green tick
Open Office 4.1.3 on Windows 10
MrProgrammer

Re: How to Crop Whitespace at Bottom of Page?

Post by MrProgrammer »

J.D. wrote: Wed Sep 07, 2022 5:57 am I think this is because the Export to PDF function exports the whole page,
Make the page smaller before you export. Format → Page → Page allows you to set the page height.

If this solved your problem please go to your first post use the Edit button and add [Solved] to the start of the subject field. Select the green checkmark icon at the same time.
Mr. Programmer
AOO 4.1.7 Build 9800, MacOS 13.6.3, iMac Intel.   The locale for any menus or Calc formulas in my posts is English (USA).
Hagar Delest

Post by Hagar Delest »

Why make a PDF of a diagram?
Why not just export it as a .png or .svg for example?
Either tweak the page size as said by MrProgrammer or use the full space of the current page. PDF is to virtual print format, either for screen or for paper print, thus, it is based on standard page formats.
LibreOffice 7.6.2.1 on Xubuntu 23.10 and 7.6.4.1 portable on Windows 10
J.D.

Post by J.D. »

MrProgrammer's solution worked, thanks
Open Office 4.1.3 on Windows 10