[AndrOpen Office] Auto save not working?

Issues with smartphones, tablets and all portable devices
bourgm29

[AndrOpen Office] Auto save not working?

Post by bourgm29 »

Hello,

I have been using Andropen Office for my studies since a few days and some problems often occur.

They are mainly some force exits out of my document, to the main page of the application. It occurs when my bluetooth keyboard disconnects (so i'll need to change it...), when i lock my tablet (Xiomi pad 5), or when i use some applications, making me lost my work each time. I cannot go through this, as i cant just ask the teacher to repeat the last hour of his class.

So i save each time when i remember to do it, but this is not really comfortable.

I saw that there is an "auto save" function, where i can change the interval when it auto save. Nonetheless, after i have tried to change document, wait the 2 minutes (the interval i told the app to auto save), it seems that is does'nt do anything.

I saw the "last document used" tab, but, even if i don't know if it referes to auto saved files, when i try to load it, it says that the file is missing...

Does anybody know how to make it work?

I love the app, but sometimes i just hate how it glitches and just makes me lose time, as well as my mind...

Thank you all,

R.R.
Andropen Office on Android 13 (Xiaomi pad 5)
Hagar Delest

Re: [Andropen Office] Auto save not working?

Post by Hagar Delest »

Hi and welcome to the forum!

See if that thread helps, there is very few AndrOpen Office here and none of their developers: Apache OpenOffice Calc on an Android tablet.
LibreOffice 7.6.2.1 on Xubuntu 23.10 and 7.6.4.1 portable on Windows 10
bourgm29

Re: [Andropen Office] Auto save not working?

Post by bourgm29 »

Hi, thanks !

Colabora does'nt seem bad at all, but it seems to lack some useful functionalities like the custom styles, very useful when it comes to note taking at the uni :/

I tried and ours Word but it is the same problem, the apps are too light for what I need :(

However, thank you for the answer !
Andropen Office on Android 13 (Xiaomi pad 5)