[Solved] Copying a text document to a USB Drive.

Issues with installing under all versions of MS Windows
Wayne4750

[Solved] Copying a text document to a USB Drive.

Post by Wayne4750 »

I am using version 4.1.13. On previous versions, it was very simple to copy a text document to a USB drive. I cannot seem to do it on this version as I can find no "copy" or "copy to" provision and can find no instructions on how to do it. Can someone tell me how to do it?
Last edited by robleyd on Tue Sep 06, 2022 2:10 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Add green tick
Open Office 4.1.13 on Microsoft Windows 11
FJCC

Re: Copying a text document to a USB Drive.

Post by FJCC »

Copying a file is done with the operating system. On Windows 10, right click on the file icon, select Copy, navigate to o folder on the USB drive, right click and select Paste. I suppose the process is much the same on Windows 11. You can accomplish the same thing from inside OpenOffice by selecting the menu item File -> Save As.
OpenOffice 4.1 on Windows 10 and Linux Mint
If your question is answered, please go to your first post, select the Edit button, and add [Solved] to the beginning of the title.
Wayne4750

Re: Copying a text document to a USB Drive.

Post by Wayne4750 »

Tried the save as and it worked. Thanks so much. I was thinking "save as" prompted you to name and save the document in Open Office and Documents only.
Open Office 4.1.13 on Microsoft Windows 11
Hagar Delest

Re: [Solved] Copying a text document to a USB Drive.

Post by Hagar Delest »

Beware that saving directly from AOO to a USB drive is not recommended at all. Any issue during the save operation can damage your file beyond any possible repair.
Save to the hard drive first and then copy it with your file browser. Then delete it from the HD if needed.
LibreOffice 7.6.2.1 on Xubuntu 23.10 and 7.6.4.1 portable on Windows 10