[Solved] Format error in sub-document

Discuss setup / installation issues - Add a spell checker, Language pack?
Gills

[Solved] Format error in sub-document

Post by Gills »

when i open .ods file in my computer it shows error. error is format error discovered in the file in sub-document content.xml at 2,292450(row,col)
Last edited by Hagar Delest on Fri Apr 29, 2022 9:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
openoffice 4.1.11 and win10
John_Ha
Volunteer

Re: File error

Post by John_Ha »

Welcome to the forum.

Either

1. fix it yourself following these instructions [Tutorial] Format error discovered in sub-document, or
2. upload the file showing the problem so that it can be repaired.

Press POSTREPLY and click the Upload attachment tab below where you type (128 kB max); or use a file share site such as mediafire, Dropbox or Google Drive for a larger file.
LO 6.4.4.2, Windows 10 Home 64 bit

See the Writer Guide, the Writer FAQ, the Writer Tutorials and Writer for students.

Remember: Always save your Writer files as .odt files. - see here for the many reasons why.
Gills

Post by Gills »

can u repair which i attached here with.
Gills

Post by Gills »

Is there any update? :(
John_Ha
Volunteer

Post by John_Ha »

I have "edited" the file so it now opens but do not trust the file as I do not know the consequences of the repair I did.

When I checked the XML syntax it reported the problem as table:content-validation-name= has been repeated.

See below where it appears as table:content-validation-name="val2" table:content-validation-name="val5". I do not know which is the correct one and which is the repeated value so I guessed and I deleted all the table:content-validation-name="val5" entries as they were second. There were about 30 of them and, when deleted, the file then opened.

I do not know the effect that deleting them has had on the file.

Code: Select all

<table:table-cell office:value-type="date" office:date-value="2021-12-28T00:00:00" table:content-validation-name="val2" table:content-validation-name="val5" table:style-name="ce21">
	<text:p>28/12/2021</text:p>
</table:table-cell>
Check the file thoroughly.
 Edit: File deleted at user's request 
It may be best to try and recover a previous version of the file - see [Tutorial] How to find and un-delete AOO temporary files for detailed instructions on how to

a) use Previous Versions (W7 and later) to recover previous versions of the file (is there something similar on MacOS and Linux?);

b) recover your file as it was when you last opened or saved it, or as it was when it was last saved with AutoRecovery;

c) find previous versions of the file in the folder it is located in, but which have since been deleted;

d) find any temporary files AOO wrote while you were editing the file but which have not yet been deleted;

e) un-delete the temporary files AOO wrote while you were editing the file, and then deleted. d) and e) will recover your file as it was when you last opened or you last saved it.

If you cannot follow the instructions ask someone with more PC skills to help you. Act quickly - the longer you wait the more likely any temporary files are to be deleted.
Last edited by John_Ha on Fri Apr 29, 2022 4:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

See the Writer Guide, the Writer FAQ, the Writer Tutorials and Writer for students.

Remember: Always save your Writer files as .odt files. - see here for the many reasons why.
John_Ha
Volunteer

Post by John_Ha »

Gills wrote:Is there any update? :(
We are all volunteers here - don't expect rapid answers.

Gills

Post by Gills »

Thanks Admin for Repair please remove repair file. I downloaded it. Thanks a lot again.
John_Ha
Volunteer

Post by John_Ha »

File deleted.

You may want to delete your file too - click EDIT at top right of the post.

Hagar Delest

Post by Hagar Delest »

John_Ha wrote:We are all volunteers here - don't expect rapid answers.
On the other hand, your answer was posted 36 minutes after OP request for help.
Meaning that in those 36 minutes, you saw the file, checked it, repaired it, uploaded it with an extensive explanation of the issue in that particular file.
I'm not sure any paid service would have done better.
LibreOffice 7.6.2.1 on Xubuntu 23.10 and 7.6.4.1 portable on Windows 10
Gills

Post by Gills »

Hagar Delest wrote:
John_Ha wrote:We are all volunteers here - don't expect rapid answers.
On the other hand, your answer was posted 36 minutes after OP request for help.
Meaning that in those 36 minutes, you saw the file, checked it, repaired it, uploaded it with an extensive explanation of the issue in that particular file.
I'm not sure any paid service would have done better.

You are correct..