[Dropped] Change all text box text colors

Discuss the presentation application
scymus

[Dropped] Change all text box text colors

Post by scymus »

Hi all
I have a presentation (in English) from China and I can't seem to change all of the text box backgrounds or text color - and because they are both white - this is bad, lol. I tried everything obvious like 'select all' and then Format - Styles and Formatting and 'graphic styles' and then 'default' and then I switch the color but it doesn't change when I change the color, it only changes when I choose 'emboss' or 'engrave' the text, which works but doesn't provide enough contrast for my needs. The colors, however, won't switch. Any ideas? I've also tried changing the Master, hoping it would break up any stubborn formatting but it didn't. Thanks in advance :)

PS: This is for a set of instructions on a model kit, and the presentation is originally in *.odp format so I don't know if changing the file formats would help but I've tried PDF and PPT to no luck.
Last edited by MrProgrammer on Sun Aug 27, 2023 4:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Dropped: No attachment provided when requested -- MrProgrammer, forum moderator
OpenOffice 4.1.11 on Windows 10.0.19043
Zizi64
Volunteer

Re: Need to change all text box text colors

Post by Zizi64 »

Please upload your ODF type sample file here.
Tibor Kovacs, Hungary; LO7.5.8 /Win7-10 x64Prof.
PortableApps/winPenPack: LO3.3.0-7.6.2;AOO4.1.14
Please, edit the initial post in the topic: add the word [Solved] at the beginning of the subject line - if your problem has been solved.
Demi356

Post by Demi356 »

Facing same issue but no response from anyone and could not find this topic troubleshooting in google. My Ascension
Last edited by Demi356 on Tue Dec 06, 2022 5:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
OpenOffice 3.1 on Windows Vista
Zizi64
Volunteer

Post by Zizi64 »

Share a sample file, please...
Tibor Kovacs, Hungary; LO7.5.8 /Win7-10 x64Prof.
PortableApps/winPenPack: LO3.3.0-7.6.2;AOO4.1.14
Please, edit the initial post in the topic: add the word [Solved] at the beginning of the subject line - if your problem has been solved.
John_Ha
Volunteer

Post by John_Ha »

scymus wrote: Wed Feb 16, 2022 3:39 pm the presentation is originally in *.odp format so I don't know if changing the file formats would help but I've tried PDF and PPT to no luck.
Never do that. It's like changing the label on a can of tomatoes to one from a can of plums ...

... and expecting to find plums in the can!

Please upload the file showing the problem so that it can be analysed.

Press POSTREPLY and click the Upload attachment tab below where you type (128 kB max); or use a file share site such as mediafire, Dropbox or Google Drive for a larger file.
LO 6.4.4.2, Windows 10 Home 64 bit

See the Writer Guide, the Writer FAQ, the Writer Tutorials and Writer for students.

Remember: Always save your Writer files as .odt files. - see here for the many reasons why.