[Solved] AOO does not open (Big Sur)

Issues installing under the Mac OSX - X11 - Aqua
zoiii

[Solved] AOO does not open (Big Sur)

Post by zoiii »

Please Help.

Apache OO does not open on my mac anymore.
Someone installed homebrew on my mac (Big Sur) and cannot uninstall it and don't find help for that. Could The OO issue be caused by that. LibreOffice does not open either.
Uninstalled and Reinstalled, started in safe mode and other user but nothing worked...
Any tipps are highly appreciated!
Thank u in advance
Last edited by MrProgrammer on Tue Mar 08, 2022 4:48 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Tagged ✓ [Solved] (by reinstall of MacOS)
OpenOffice4.1
RoryOF

Re: OO does not open (Big Sur)

Post by RoryOF »

Are you trying to open the application(s) directly, or by clicking on a file to cause these to open?
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.15 on Xubuntu 22.04.4 LTS
MrProgrammer

Re: AOO does not open (Big Sur)

Post by MrProgrammer »

Hi, and welcome to the forum.
zoiii wrote:Apache OO does not open on my mac anymore.
If you switch to Finder, then Go → Applications, then launch OpenOffice.app from Finder and it doesn't start, then all I can suggest is to install it again and try it from the Guest User where OpenOffice will find a new user profile. If you've already done that, I have no other suggestions. If OpenOffice does start when you launch it from Finder, you can use File → Open to work with your documents.
Q04: How do I uninstall OpenOffice on a Mac?
Q03: How do I install OpenOffice on a Mac?
Q28: How do I use the Guest User account to run a test?
zoiii wrote:Someone installed homebrew on my mac (Big Sur) and cannot uninstall it
This is not the correct forum for help with HomeBrew, which is a tool used to install software packages on a Mac. Perhaps the problem is not Homebrew itself but the package which it installed. Perhaps you could remove that package. If not, and the installation has damaged your operating system, you can create a backup of your data, reinstall MacOS, and restore data from your backup. Check with Apple or an Apple forum for assistance with those tasks. Consider putting appropriate MacOS security controls in place to prevent unauthorized installation of software on your computer. Check with Apple on how to do that.
zoiii wrote:… and don't find help for that.
You'd have to determine if any of these links apply to your situation.
Web search which took three seconds
zoiii wrote:Apache OO does not open on my mac anymore.
If you mean that OpenOffice doesn't start when you double-click a document, you may need to tell MacOS to use OpenOffice for that document type.
Q33: How do I get my documents to open with OpenOffice when I use Finder?

Fix your forum signature in User Control Panel → Profile → Edit Signature. Please specify your operating system there. I will ingore any posts from you until you do.
BadSignature.png
If this solved your problem please go to your first post use the Edit button and add [Solved] to the start of the subject field. Select the green checkmark icon at the same time.
Mr. Programmer
AOO 4.1.7 Build 9800, MacOS 13.6.3, iMac Intel.   The locale for any menus or Calc formulas in my posts is English (USA).
zoiii

Re: AOO does not open (Big Sur)

Post by zoiii »

Thank u for the reply. I guess Homebrew really damaged something. Will make a backup and reinstall MacOS.
I googled the uninstallation of homebrew and it didn't work that way, but thank u for the tip.
OpenOffice4.1