Changing music collection from Calc to Base

Discuss the database features
OldMan63

Changing music collection from Calc to Base

Post by OldMan63 »

Hi All,

Can somebody help me ? I have a music collection, who is made by Forum Member Villaroy, I think. I used, mostly, a Calc version of my collection. But I will try to use the Base version.
Only the Base version needs a up-date. Some text fields has to go and need a substitution by an other text field.

The Calc one is my current version and I like to transfer this data in the Base version . Some fields need to change or deleted.
How do I do this? I'm not a expert. I only like Music......

Han
Attachments
Map1.ods
Music Col. in Calc
(14.03 KiB) Downloaded 102 times
music.odb
Music Col. Base Old
(41.17 KiB) Downloaded 108 times
Last edited by MrProgrammer on Sun Jan 09, 2022 8:56 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Moved from Math to Base as it's more appropriate
Open Office 3.1 on Linux Mint 20.2
OldMan63

Re: Chancing Music collection

Post by OldMan63 »

Nobody? Ok. Sorry. Then I will close this.

H.
UnklDonald418
Volunteer

Post by UnklDonald418 »

The database you chose is normalized, that means it is designed to maintain data integrity. Spreadsheets are not normalized, you can easily enter bogus data into a cell.
The database is designed for the user to key in the data, so copying your spreadsheet data into that database will be tricky.
I've been looking at it, but there are a couple of issues that will take some time to work out.
If your problem has been solved, please edit this topic's initial post and add "[Solved]" to the beginning of the subject line
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.14 & LibreOffice 7.6.2.1 (x86_64) - Windows 10 Professional- Windows 11
OldMan63

Post by OldMan63 »

UnkldDonald418.

You got a PB

H.
Hagar Delest

Post by Hagar Delest »

OldMan63 wrote:Nobody? Ok. Sorry. Then I will close this.
You posted in the Math section, for the module that is intended to write equations. No wonder it would not get much visibility for your issue.
You can thank RusselB who moved it to the Base section where it is more appropriate.
Moreover, I remind you that this forum is managed by volunteers, on their free time. If you are not satisfied with the reactivity, other sites may offer better support for a fee.
LibreOffice 7.6.2.1 on Xubuntu 23.10 and 7.6.4.1 portable on Windows 10
OldMan63

Post by OldMan63 »

Hagar,

Sorry for the wrong post and my inpatient..... I only need a simply fication of my exsample to one form and some changes in some fields. I have done some search on google, but can't find what I looking for. Soory.

H.