[Solved] Moving topics by 'Moderators' to other forums

Let us know how we are doing -
dreamquartz

[Solved] Moving topics by 'Moderators' to other forums

Post by dreamquartz »

Dear Moderators,

I would like to be informed if, when, and where my Messages are moved,.
If you decide to do so, please provide an explanation to why.

There was a ligit reason for me to place the following message (viewtopic.php?f=49&t=106809 @ this forum.
I spend most of my time here for research and answers.
The Volunteers, but also Moderators provide me and my team with a lot of very good feedback.
As such we are able to provide services to others.

Dream
Last edited by MrProgrammer on Sat Jan 06, 2024 7:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Tagged ✓ [Solved] Request: When, Where, Reason; Response: Impractical, use 'Your posts' -- MrProgrammer, forum moderator
LO 7.x, HSQLDB 2.7.x & Ubuntu 22.04 LTS.
RoryOF

Re: Moving Messages by 'Moderators'

Post by RoryOF »

Your message was moved as it bore no relationship to the topic in which it was entered; it is more properly placed in General Discussion, where it will no doubt be read as easily as in the Base forum.

To require that every minor management decision of a Moderator be privately communicated to users places an intolerable burden on their time and goodwill, which is provided, I remind all, on a pro bono basis.
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.15 on Xubuntu 22.04.4 LTS
MrProgrammer

Post by MrProgrammer »

I agree with the decision to move that message to the General Discussion forum, as it does not involve the Base component. However, I personally would have not even approved that post in the Base forum since it is off-topic..
dreamquartz wrote:I spend most of my time here for research and answers.
Surely that post does not involve research or answers, nor does it help anyone with a Base question. You can find your own posts with the View your posts link on every forum page.
RoryOF wrote:To require that every minor management decision of a Moderator be privately communicated to users places an intolerable burden on their time and goodwill, which is provided, I remind all, on a pro bono basis.
I agree. This forum would quickly be of no value to anyone if the moderators left. The free service that you have enjoyed on 250+ topics would be gone.
 Edit: I also do not believe that this one is an appropriate topic for the Base forum. Site Feedback would be better. 
Mr. Programmer
AOO 4.1.7 Build 9800, MacOS 13.6.3, iMac Intel.   The locale for any menus or Calc formulas in my posts is English (USA).
dreamquartz

Post by dreamquartz »

Dear Moderators,

Please be advised that I have placed these type of messages on this forum over the years.
See viewtopic.php?f=49&t=100537
viewtopic.php?f=49&t=96415
viewtopic.php?f=50&t=91767
But also
viewtopic.php?f=50&t=77982
viewtopic.php?f=49&t=70418

Please feel free to do the appropriate thing.

Please also provide Users with appropriate guidelines on what can and cannot be placed @ the specific forums as of now.

HAPPY NEW YEAR

Dream
LO 7.x, HSQLDB 2.7.x & Ubuntu 22.04 LTS.
RoryOF

Post by RoryOF »

Messages _relevant_ to the application and thread are appropriate, as also messages veering off strict-topicality which arise in the discussion, as such marginal messages may offer guidance to others.

Your sample messages quoted above were all in General Discussion or in Site Feedback; as these were appropriate forums for such messages they were not moved.
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.15 on Xubuntu 22.04.4 LTS
Hagar Delest

Post by Hagar Delest »

Since this topic is not about a Base question at all, I move it to the Site feedback section.
Note: kind of joke. I never tell when moving topics in the relevant section.
dreamquartz wrote:Please also provide Users with appropriate guidelines on what can and cannot be placed @ the specific forums as of now.
See the tiny line below each forum or sub-forum name, for example for Base (index page): Discuss the database features.

Please add [Solved] at the beginning of the title in your first post (top of the topic) with the *EDIT button if your issue has been fixed.
LibreOffice 7.6.2.1 on Xubuntu 23.10 and 7.6.4.1 portable on Windows 10