YOUR BROKEN SOFTWARE DOES NOT EVEN HAVE AN AUTOCORRECT

Request For Enhancement, User feedback candidates for wiki
qtxpy

YOUR BROKEN SOFTWARE DOES NOT EVEN HAVE AN AUTOCORRECT

Post by qtxpy »

YOUR SHITTY SOFTWARE DOES NOT EVEN HAVE AN AUTOCORRECT. YOU HIDE THAT FROM PEOPLE AND DIRECT THEM TO A THREAD THAT DOESN''T EVEN TELL THEM THAT

THAT IS LITERALLY THE ONLY PURPOSE OF A TEXT EDITOR AND YOURS DOESN'T HAVE IT

YOU TELL USERS IT'S THEIR FAULT AND DIRECT THEM TO A 20 PAGE THREAD THAT DOESN'T EVEN TELL THEM THAT THE FEATURE DOESN'T EXIST

You software has been unusable and broken for over 20 years, and I want everyone that works on it to know what a fucking piece of shit it is. I want you to know what a fucking piece of shit _you_ are.

I am never, ever letting the topic of free software pass ever again without telling people how unusable and broken Open Office is and always has been.

And then you have fucking scumbags monitoring these forums to remove threads where people say it. Fuck you, you fucking scumbag pieces of shit.

You fucking scumbags wouldn't even say what the real problem was until the third thread.

You fucking embarrassing pieces of shit, running a "forum" front that really exists to hide broken features of your shitty software.
OpenOffice 3.1 on Windows Vista / NeoOffice 2.2.3 with MacOS 10.4 / OpenOffice 2.4 on Ubuntu 9.04
Hagar Delest

Re: YOUR BROKEN SOFTWARE DOES NOT EVEN HAVE AN AUTOCORRECT

Post by Hagar Delest »

Me again. :mrgreen:
I approved the post because it's collector.
Another moderator decided to disapprove your other attempts (we do not delete topic) because they were meant to say the same thing again and again.
We had been years without someone like you.

Note that we are users (usually we say "like you" but I would not dare in your case), there is no developers here. You're barking the wrong tree.

For the record, from the same poster: How to make spell check automatically correct?.
LibreOffice 7.6.2.1 on Xubuntu 23.10 and 7.6.4.1 portable on Windows 10
Bill
Volunteer

Post by Bill »

qtxpy wrote:...DOES NOT EVEN HAVE AN AUTOCORRECT.
Mine does. Your unrevealed definition of "autocorrect" is obviously different from the definition used by the rest of the world.
AOO 4.1.14 on Ubuntu MATE 22.04
Villeroy
Volunteer

Post by Villeroy »

Writer has
- Auto Correct
- Spell Checking
- Auto Text
- Word completion
Please, edit this topic's initial post and add "[Solved]" to the subject line if your problem has been solved.
Ubuntu 18.04 with LibreOffice 6.0, latest OpenOffice and LibreOffice
RusselB

Post by RusselB »

If you do not like using OpenOffice because it doesn't have a feature that you want or it isn't in a location you like or doesn't work the way you think it should work, then by all means, USE DIFFERENT SOFTWARE.
No one here is forcing you to use OpenOffice.
OpenOffice 4.1.7, LibreOffice 7.0.1.2 on Windows 7 Pro, Ultimate & Windows 10 Home (2004)
If you believe your problem has been resolved, please go to your first post in this topic, click the Edit button and add [Solved] to the beginning of the Subject line.
JeJe
Volunteer

Post by JeJe »

I use Notepad quite a lot and that genuinely doesn't have autocorrect. Wordpad sometimes too.
Edit: do you perhaps mean automatic spell checking?

https://wiki.openoffice.org/wiki/Docume ... pell_Check

Edit2: Someone said that already. (Notepad and Wordpad don't have that either...)
Windows 10, Openoffice 4.1.11, LibreOffice 7.4.0.3 (x64)
John_Ha
Volunteer

Post by John_Ha »

I think our ranting poster must have switched of AutoCorrect as it is switched on by default.

They also don't appear to realise that there are usually a number of alternatives to a misspelt word as a misspelt word often cannot be identified by the context alone and the author is needed to select the right correction.

For example, when I type "The quick brown fox jimped ..." I am offered seven alternatives: jumped, imped, limped, gimped, pimped, j imped and jimmied. At least six of the seven are contextually possible.

So how would an automatic autocorrect / spellchecker choose which of the seven alternatives to use? By reading the author's mind? By choosing a word at random? By magic?
Clipboard01.png
That being said, I use a very nice bit of software which automatically corrects thousands of common misspellings and typos including all the OpenOffice AutoCorrect list of words :-). It comes with a huge list of other common errors and I have added my own personal foibles. If I type thnaks, a common error I make, it automagically corrects it to thanks. My spelling has got a lot better :super: though it does sometimes produce something quite wrong.

Code: Select all

::articel::article
::artifical::artificial
::artifically::artificially
::artillary::artillery
::asthe::as the
::aswell::as well
::asetic::ascetic
::aisian::Asian
::asside::aside
::askt he::ask the
::asphyxation::asphyxiation
::assisnate::assassinate
::assassintation::assassination
::assosication::assassination
::asssassans::assassins
::assualt::assault
Showing that a problem has been solved helps others searching so, if your problem is now solved, please view your first post in this thread and click the Edit button (top right in the post) and add [Solved] in front of the subject.
Last edited by John_Ha on Tue Mar 02, 2021 2:47 pm, edited 2 times in total.
LO 6.4.4.2, Windows 10 Home 64 bit

See the Writer Guide, the Writer FAQ, the Writer Tutorials and Writer for students.

Remember: Always save your Writer files as .odt files. - see here for the many reasons why.
robleyd

Post by robleyd »

I think this covers the situation.
Trolls-3.gif
Cheers
David
OS - Slackware 15 64 bit
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.15
LibreOffice 24.2.2.2; SlackBuild for 24.2.2 by Eric Hameleers