[Solved] Apple Gatekeeper stops AOO use «Q05»

Issues installing under the Mac OSX - X11 - Aqua
johngatiss

[Solved] Apple Gatekeeper stops AOO use «Q05»

Post by johngatiss »

Having downloaded OpenOffice 4.1.8 My iMac won't let me open it because it says it is from an unidentified developer
Last edited by MrProgrammer on Tue Feb 16, 2021 9:49 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: tagged solved.
OpenOffice 4.1.8 on MacOS 10.13.6
RoryOF

Re: unidentified developer

Post by RoryOF »

This is probably the Apple Gatekeeper interfering with the install.
For a solution read Q05/A05 in the Mac FAQ
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.15 on Xubuntu 22.04.4 LTS
johngatiss

Re: Unidentified developer

Post by johngatiss »

Thanks, this works fine on my computer.

But when I copy the open office download file to another computer iMac OS 10.15.7 the same Gateway procedure does not allow entry. It still says it is from an unidentified developer.
I am doing this copying because the second computer is not connected to the internet and I cannot download directly onto it.
MrProgrammer

Re: Unidentified developer

Post by MrProgrammer »

johngatiss wrote:But when I copy the open office download file to another computer iMac OS 10.15.7 the same Gateway procedure does not allow entry. It still says it is from an unidentified developer.
The Gatekeeper is Apple software. Thus you should be asking Apple, or looking in an Apple forum for a solution. This forum is for problems with OpenOffice. Let me make an analogy. You know, from talking to your sister, that your grandmother has sent you an email. You try to sign on to your email system, but can't get in. Then you call your grandmother to ask for advice about signing on to your email system.
johngatiss wrote:I am doing this copying because the second computer is not connected to the internet and I cannot download directly onto it.
When you check with Apple, be sure to mention this situation. Perhaps the Gatekeeper needs access to the internet to unblock new software. Apple knows. Perhaps there is a special bypass for this case. Apple knows. If you discover a solution, please report it here to help others.

If this solved your problem please go to your first post use the Edit button and add [Solved] to the start of the subject field. Select the green checkmark icon at the same time.
Mr. Programmer
AOO 4.1.7 Build 9800, MacOS 13.6.3, iMac Intel.   The locale for any menus or Calc formulas in my posts is English (USA).
johngatiss

Re: Apple Gatekeeper stops OpenOffice use (Un-Ident dev)

Post by johngatiss »

Problem solved.

RoryOF 5/1/21 enabled me to instal the OpenOffice download onto my iMac by getting past the gateway. (vis. For a solution read Q05/A05 in the Mac FAQ)

But the method of getting past the gateway did not work when I copied the download onto a neighbour's iMac (which was not connected to the internet and so it could not download directly)

However, all was well when I copied the installed OpenOffice program from the 1st iMac to the second iMac

Thanks for all you help. John Gatiss