[Solved] Could not create java implementation loader

Discuss setup / installation issues - Add a spell checker, Language pack?
clausisme

[Solved] Could not create java implementation loader

Post by clausisme »

I've read lots of forum threds about this java implementation problem but I could not make it work.

I have instaled OpenOffice 4.1.7 on Windows 10 on a x64 PC.
Instaled Java jre-8u261-windows both for x64 and x86
Instaled Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable x64 and x86 (as suggested in some other posts)
Tried to point in the OpenOffice settings to the java folder in both "Program Files (x86)" and regular "Program Files"

I've tried all combinations: only java x86, only java x64 , both javas, with microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable x64 and x86 and without them, instaled them before instaling OpenOffice and after. Nothing worked.
Last edited by clausisme on Mon Oct 12, 2020 8:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
OpenOffice 4.01 on Windows 7
RoryOF

Re: Could not create java implementation loader

Post by RoryOF »

OpenOffice only needs the 32 bit Java (the x86 version); it may confuse it to be pointed also to the 64 bit Java. I suggest you remove that pointer from /Tools /Option/OpenOffice /Java. Then restart your OpenOffice (including the Quickstarter) and see if that helps.

I found, years ago when I used Windows (32 bit), that some extensions compiled to use older Java versions gave a "could not create Jave implementation loader" error; the only cure I found was to recompile these using more recent versions of Java - often that caused so much rewriting of the Java that I abandoned the process. From memory, such extensions had been written circa 2004, and I was using OpenOffice 4. They worked OK with OpenOffice 3.
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.15 on Xubuntu 22.04.4 LTS
clausisme

Post by clausisme »

I can't even add the java x86 (or x64) it just says "The folder you selected does not countain a java runtime environment. Please select a diffent folder" but normaly you would not even have to point to any folder it would just show up in the list.

I am just trying to make LanguageTool-5.0.1 work and this java problem stoped me.
clausisme

Post by clausisme »

Ok so the way I solved it was by installing an older version of Java (not ideal obviously).
I had an older java jre-8u121-windows-i586 and that worked.
From what I can tell OpenOffice expects the file msvcr100.dll in the java instalation folder and the latest java does not have it (having msvcr140.dll instead).
The older java was recognized instanly by OpenOffice and no more problems.
I will mark this as solved ... but ... Out-of-date versions of Java on your computer may present a serious security risk.
PocketAsian

Re: [Solved] Could not create java implementation loader

Post by PocketAsian »

Hi I was having the exact same problem when I was trying to enable the Language Tool extension as well, but I wanted to let you know that I found that I could use the most recent version of Java by downloading the Windows x86 Offline. Once I installed it, I opened up OO->Tools->Java->Check off "Use a Java Runtime Enviroment" and it should pop-up automatically.

I just wanted to let you know as I found your post the most helpful compared to a lot of the same ones as your problem.

Here's a link to the download: (you might have to create an account but I was able to do create one for free)
https://www.oracle.com/ca-en/java/techn ... loads.html

Hope this allows you to use the latest version Java, have a good one!
OpenOffice 4.19 on Windows 10