Networking issues Windows 7

Talk about anything at all....
Mark312

Networking issues Windows 7

Post by Mark312 »

Hi

I wonder if anyone could help with this, please?

I have 6 pc's across my network, all running Windows 7, some Home Premium and some Professional. All have sp1.

The issue is certain pc's cannot access others, as the "Enter password" prompt prevents access.

Attached below is a list of the pc's and which can access which - hopefully this could help you understand why I am confused by all this, despite a fair bit of Googling....

I have not set a network password up on any of the pcs - is there a way to find this, and if so, do I look for it on the pc trying to access another or on the target pc?

Would it be easier to set up a Home Group, or persevere trying to resolve the issues?

Thanks in advance.

Edit - I should have mentioned all the pcs are wired via internal network cabling directly to a router connected to incoming broadband. I can ping the pc's ok, and I've tried disabling the Firewalls but that didn't help.
Attachments
Network connectivity.png
Apache Open office 3.4.1
Zizi64
Volunteer

Re: Networking issues Windows 7

Post by Zizi64 »

How this question is related to the Apache OpenOffice or the LibreOffice software?
Tibor Kovacs, Hungary; LO7.5.8 /Win7-10 x64Prof.
PortableApps/winPenPack: LO3.3.0-7.6.2;AOO4.1.14
Please, edit the initial post in the topic: add the word [Solved] at the beginning of the subject line - if your problem has been solved.
thomasjk
Volunteer

Post by thomasjk »

This the wrong forum for your question. You should post in a Windows 7 forum.
Tom K.
Windows 10 Home version 1803 17134.165
LibreOffice 5.4.7.2
Mark312

Post by Mark312 »

Sorry to have angered you both.

I have done a search and found a suitable forum.

Clearly I wrongly assumed the General Discussion was for issues not necessarily directly related to Open Office, so I was just reaching out really.
Apache Open office 3.4.1
Bill
Volunteer

Post by Bill »

I don't think you angered anyone. While there's nothing wrong with posting your question here, the chances of getting a useful answer are much lower here than they would be on a Windows 7 forum dedicated to networking.
AOO 4.1.14 on Ubuntu MATE 22.04