All the data user-related are stored in a dedicated folder, often called the user profile. You can check its location on your HD in the menu Tools>Options>OpenOffice.org>Paths. Most of the folders mentioned in that dialog are in the OpenOffice user profile.
NB: don't search for a folder called "Profile", this is only a name we give to the directory structure where are stored the configuration files linked to a single user.
Those folders are hidden by default, make sure your file explorer is configured to display the hidden files and folders (for Windows users, see this post).
In the instructions below, <user name> is your operating system login name (your identification when you start a session on your computer). Don't look for a 'user name' folder.
For Windows users:
- Before Vista: C:\Documents and Settings\<user name>\Application Data\OpenOffice.org\3\user
- From Vista: C:\Users\<user name>\AppData\Roaming\OpenOffice.org\3\user
- /home/<user name>/.openoffice.org/3/user
- /home/<user name>/.ooo3/ for OOo 3.x.x or /home/<user name>/.ooo-2.0/ for 2.x.x for OpenSUSE
NB: allows the installation of OOo Sun version in parallel with openSUSE version. More about openSUSE version of OOo.
- /home/<user name>/.config/libreoffice/3/user for LibreOffice from 3.5 (note the parent folder ~/.config also used by other applications)
- /Users/<user name>/Library/Application Support/OpenOffice.org/3/user
NB: on OS X version 10.7.xx (Lion) the user/library can be accessed in finder by holding down the option key an clicking on Go on the menubar. Then select the user library.
This is one of nineteen ways to see the user library. See 18 ways to view the ~/Library folder in Lion
NB: version 3 profile has slightly changed from the 2.x branch, a directory level has been added, former profile was ...\OpenOffice.org2\user\.
If you have comments, please post in the following topic: Comments about the user profile tutorial, the tutorial will be updated accordingly if needed.