Delete Option In Right Click Menu

Discuss setup / installation issues - Add a spell checker, Language pack?
MeneerWitte

Delete Option In Right Click Menu

Post by MeneerWitte »

Dear Lady/Sir,

Kindly I ask your attention.

I would like to have the 'Delete' option in the Right Click Menu.

Could you be so kind to create it?

Many thanks for all your efforts and Many thanks in advance! :D

Hopefully I let you known enough and that you will find the answers you seek! :D

Good luck and have fun doing it! :D

Best Regards,

MeneerWitte
Last edited by acknak on Tue Jun 11, 2013 3:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: change type to "normal"
OppenOffice 3.4 on Windows 7 x64
acknak

Re: Delete Option In Right Click Menu

Post by acknak »

Where are you working? Which menu is it you're referring to?

Anyway, this isn't really the place to ask for enhancements--we're just users, not developers.
[Tutorial] Reporting bugs or suggestions
AOO4/LO5 • Linux • Fedora 23
MeneerWitte

Post by MeneerWitte »

Dear Lady/Sir,

Lets say Writer.

When something has been typed or put on and selected, there will be no Delete option ad the Right Click Menu.
And when nothing has been selected, there will be no Select All at the Right Click Menu.

When using Impresario (whatever), Web Writer/XML from Document and type something and select it, I can't use a Delete option in the Right Click Menu.

And why doesn't exist an Multi Copiër?

Click Multi Copy in the Right Click Menu, click where to begin and where to end and again, till you are done, you have to click Multi Copy again to let the program/app known your done.
You could choose to have put Multi Copy Start/Multi Copy End/Multi Copy Settings.
This would be great as 'Multi Copy >' and the dropdown 'Copy Start'
'Copy Stop'
'Copy Settings'
Or,
This would be great as 'Multi Copy Start >', press it and it starts and will show now 'Multi Copy Stop >' and the dropdown menu contains 'Multi Copy Settings'.
When going for an update, you could ad 'Snippets Manager'. And when you want to have a lot look a like, you could use 'Manager' instead of 'Settings'.

It would be great to start the app like this and expand it with updates.

Like having it control over the Copy Snippets/Clipboard Control to choose from and where they can be edited with the choise to keep the Original, a sort copy so you can edit it. And so on

Well, Many thanks in advance for thoose updates! :D :bravo:

Hopefully I let you known enough and that you will find the answers you seek! :D

Best Regards,

MeneerWitte
acknak

Post by acknak »

MeneerWitte wrote:... When something has been typed or put on and selected, there will be no Delete option ad the Right Click Menu.
Can you use Right-click > Cut?

That does delete the selected text and is available anytime you have a selection.
And when nothing has been selected, there will be no Select All at the Right Click Menu.
Right. I think Ctrl+a is the easiest shortcut for select all.

Most places in OOo, you can select a
word with double-click
line with 3x-click
paragraph with 4x-click

Sorry, I don't know what "multi-copy" does, exactly.

In most situations, pressing Ctrl while selecting with the mouse allows selection of distinct regions. In Writer, you can try some different selection modes by clicking on the status bar (where it normally says INSRT or OVER--in English, at least). The other modes are EXT (extend selection), ADD (additive selection), and BLK (block).
AOO4/LO5 • Linux • Fedora 23
MeneerWitte

Post by MeneerWitte »

Dear Lady/Sir,

Can you use Right Click > Cut?

No, I can't. It says Cut, so when I have something Cut and want to Delete something, I don't have that part on the clipboard gone.

That does delete the selected text and is available anytime you have a selection.

Delete should be too!

Right. I think Ctrl+a is the easiest shortcut for select all.

Well, when using the mouse with the options needed, use of the keyboard will be less needed.

Example:

Lets say you readed an article and you want to copy some stuf for private use or whatever. So, all has been selected (as mentioned above) and has been past into a Blanc File and use some copy parts at other Files.

Now is this not possible, but when using the Cut button will erease all the Copy contents. Or you have to take all the efforts to leave the mouse and go to the keyboard and press the key's howm needed to get the job done.
All I'm saying is that it will be less switching between Keyboard and Mouse.
Mainly it will be done by Keyboard, but sometimes it's easier done by Mouse. And it will be easier when working with more than file at the same time.

I'll work out a good example and post it as an additional information.

Best Regards,

MeneerWitte