Inserting PDF in OpenOffice.org document

Writing a book, Automating Document Production - Discuss your special needs here
dhirenkumar.sahu

Inserting PDF in OpenOffice.org document

Post by dhirenkumar.sahu »

I am able to insert text file, image into document using unoil.jar's some api.

But I am not able to attach pdf or any other file. Its creating a link in the document not as the object icon as it happens in MS-Doc.

When I open the main doc, the pdf is converted to junk characters or asking for access.

Please help me, how to do this.
OpenOffice 3.1 on windows xp
rudolfo
Volunteer

Re: Inserting PDF in OpenOffice.org document

Post by rudolfo »

You need to describe exactly what you are doing! Mentioning unoil.jar and the phrase API doesn't really help here. There is a reason why most people talk about macros and not about programming when it comes to OOo. The aim is typically to automate steps that would be boring when done manually and not to build new features (this rule might not apply to extension programmers, but I don't assume that this is your area).
In other words, most things that you want to achieve programatically can be tested before hand manually. If you don't get the desired results when inserting pdf files into a Writer docuement on your desktop machine, it will surely fail in your automated tool, as well.
By the way, Writer (3.2.1 on Win2000) allows me to manually insert a pdf document when using Insert - OLE Object - from file.
OpenOffice 3.1.1 (2.4.3 until October 2009) and LibreOffice 3.3.2 on Windows 2000, AOO 3.4.1 on Windows 7
There are several macro languages in OOo, but none of them is called Visual Basic or VB(A)! Please call it OOo Basic, Star Basic or simply Basic.