[Solved] Java Runtime Environment (JRE)

Issues with installing under all versions of MS Windows
DavidJBeach

[Solved] Java Runtime Environment (JRE)

Post by DavidJBeach »

Can somebody help me please. I have a problem with running my own macros. I can record & save them but every time I try to run one I get the following message:

OpenOffice.org requires a Java runtime environment (JRE) to perform this task. The selected JRE is defective. Please select another version or install a new JRE and select it under Tools - Options - OpenOffice.org - Java.

The JRE selected is - C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre7 - Oracle Corporation 1.7.0_09 - created 20\10\2012

This drives me nuts! I used to write macros, functions & procedures under MS Excel and never had this problem. What am I doing wrong?
Last edited by DavidJBeach on Sun Dec 02, 2012 1:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
OpenOffice 3.4.1 on Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit
Hagar Delest

Re: Java Runtime Environment (JRE)

Post by Hagar Delest »

Hi and welcome to the forum!

See this post: [Solved] Won't recognize Java on XP.

Please add '[Solved]' at the beginning of your first post title (edit button) if your issue has been fixed.
LibreOffice 7.6.2.1 on Xubuntu 23.10 and 7.6.4.1 portable on Windows 10
Villeroy
Volunteer

Re: Java Runtime Environment (JRE)

Post by Villeroy »

Recorded macros are recorded in Basic. Basic macros (and those written in the Python language) are usable without any Java installed on your system. Just do not use the dialog Tools>Macros>Run. Call them from Tools>Macros>Organize>Basic (button "Run"). Normally you run macros from some kindo of push button or menu entry. All this does not require any Java installed on your system.
Please, edit this topic's initial post and add "[Solved]" to the subject line if your problem has been solved.
Ubuntu 18.04 with LibreOffice 6.0, latest OpenOffice and LibreOffice